Domaine de la Solitude Châteauneuf du Pape Tradition Rouge 2021

$95.00 $91.00 inc. GST

Case of 6+ bottles: only $85.00/bottle!
Discounts applied in shopping cart

94/100 – James Suckling
92/100 – Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
92/100 – Decanter

“A stunning Chateauneuf with stacks of ripe blackberry fruit, generous body and concentrated fine tannins. Together with the pronounced minerality, they give this a stunning velvety texture right through the remarkably long intense finish for the challenging 2021 vintage. From field blend vineyards growing on 50% galet cobblestone soil and 50% sandy soil. Grenache is dominant, followed by syrah, but mourvedre, counoise and vaccarese also play an important role. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.” – James Suckling

“Solitude’s 2021 Chateauneuf du Pape is wonderfully creamy, supple and approachable, with a long, plush finish. An assemblage of 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre and 10% other varieties, it seamlessly marries ripe cherries, dusty earth and dried spices on the nose, giving it even more immediate appeal. Impressive. Drink 2023 to 2035.” – Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate

“This has the classic, herbal and raspberry nose which so many 2021 Châteauneufs display. Very broad, flowing and silky. Acidity feels natural and it has a soft, gently resonant finish. Very little tannin and the alcohol is balanced. A charming, enjoyable Châteauneuf to drink young. 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre, 5% Counoise and a 5% combination of Cinsault, Terret Noir, Muscardin and Vaccarèse. 10% matured in barriques for 15 months.” – Decanter

Tasting Notes: 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre, 5% Counoise, 5% Cinsault, Terret Noir, Muscardin & Vaccarèse. A bouquet of garrigue, flowers of cistus, blackcurrant buds. A mouth full of freshness and balance, with aromas of cocoa and morello cherry, with a long and liquorice finish. In its youth, this vintage is perfect to pair with a shoulder of lamb slow roasted in oven, roast pigeon with porcini mushroom, and from its fifth year, stew, Daube Provencal, all game and many cheeses.

Winemaking: Harvesting is done by hand in 25 kg crates. After a double selection of the best bunches in the vineyard then on the sorting table. The grapes are vinified as whole or destemmed according to the grape varieties. They are vinified in truncated concrete vats. The wines are then aged for 25% in barrels, demi muids and foudre and 75% in vats during 18 months. The wine is bottled without filtration or fining.

Certification: Organic

Alcohol: 14.5%

Varieties: Grenache blend

Region: Chateauneuf-de-pape AOC, France

In stock